You are here:
Home > Title 2: County Organization > Chapter 208: Other Established Entities
Chapter 208: Other Established Entities
Section 208.01 Citizens’ Advisory Council on Equity
- Composition: The Citizens’ Advisory Council on Equity shall be composed of nine (9) to fifteen (15) citizens, appointed by the Executive, and confirmed by Council, of which not more than three (3) may be employees of Cuyahoga County. The County Executive and the Council shall use good faith efforts to reflect the diversity of the people of the County in appointing the members of the Citizens' Advisory Council on Equity. Members will serve without compensation, except for actual expenses.
- Leadership and Staffing: The Citizens' Advisory Council on Equity shall choose its own leaders and develop its own rules of procedure, consistent with this section, other County ordinances, and the County Charter. The Executive shall provide staff support as needed.
- Duties: The duties of the Citizens' Advisory Council on Equity shall include:
- Acting as a resource for information and advice for the Equity Commission
- Encouraging community outreach and public participation in the development of equity goals, strategies and programs
- Providing recommendations and input to the Executive and Council regarding the development of equity goals, strategies and programs
- Meeting publicly on a quarterly basis to provide a forum for the public to offer ideas and recommendations regarding equity, and to hear and discuss updates on the progress of actions undertaken by the Cuyahoga County Equity Commission
- Providing a semi-annual report of recommendations for policies and programs from the Advisory Council and collected from the public regarding equity to the Executive and the Council. This report shall also be made available to the public onlin
(Ordinance Nos.O2015-0007, Enacted 3/24/2015, Effective 4/25/2015; O2012-0014, Enacted 8/14/2012, Effective 9/19/2012)
Section 208.02 Reserved.
Section 208.03 Cuyahoga County Healthier Buckeye Council
- A Cuyahoga County Healthier Buckeye Council is hereby established.
- All members of the Economic Development Commission established pursuant to Cuyahoga County Charter Section 7.04 who meet the requirements of Ohio Revised Code Section 355.02 shall be members of the Cuyahoga County Healthier Buckeye Council. To the extent the Economic Development Commission deems it necessary, it is authorized to form an ad hoc committee and otherwise carry out the duties and responsibilities of local healthier buckeye councils as set forth in Ohio Revised Code Chapter 355. The Chairperson of the ad hoc committee shall serve as the staffing agent for the Cuyahoga County Healthier Buckeye Council.
(Ordinance No.O2015-0015, Enacted 1/12/2016, Effective 1/13/2016)